Tender pieces of roasted corn and tomatoes blended with onion, cumin, and garlic create savory Roasted Tomato-and-Corn Soup. This late summer soup offers a colorful starter for a four-course meal or a light weeknight supper.
10 ripe plum tomatoes halved
Shaved corn kernels from 2 large corns
1 large vidalia onion roughly chopped
6-10 garlic cloves
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
How to make it:
- Toss tomatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper and place onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet
- Repeat process with corn, onion, and garlic
- Roast vegetables at 400F for 30-40 min.
- Check often. Corn, onions and garlic may be ready earlier.
- Take them out of the oven and set aside to cool.
- Set aside half of the roasted corn.
- Bland vegetables, stock, basil, salt and pepper in a food processor or with a hand held blender and blend until smooth.
- Place into a a pot and cook over medium heat for 5-10 min.
- Plate, garnish with whole corn kernels