Steak tartar is a dish of raw ground beef. It is usually served with onions, capers, mushrooms, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, often presented separately, to be added to taste.
1 lb. Beef tenderloin (grinder once)
1 cup of Vaseline or sweet onion finely shopped
4 organic egg yolks
1/2 cup cornichons
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
1 baguette sliced and toasted.
Butter for the bread
How to make it:
- In a large bowl add beef, cornichons, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix gently.
- Do not overwork the meat.
- Divide into four sections and plate each.
- Shape beef into round patty, create a small wall on top of each tartar. Top with an egg yolk.
- Serve with baguette crostini, butter, and extra cornichons if desired.