True Two All’s philosophy is about simplifying to find joy and spending more time doing what you love, no matter what you’re passionate about. Our founders, Sophia and Agnieszka share a deep passion for travel. Exploring the world, discovering new cultures and learning new things are dear to their hearts. Inspired by their love for travel, discover Agnieszka’s best travel hacks from her recent safari experience. Embarking on an African safari is a dream for many adventure seekers, and having recently experienced the wonders of the Serengeti in Tanzania, our founder Agnieszka has a few travel hacks to share for the ultimate adventure. From flights and lodging to packing essentials and exciting excursions, these tips will ensure you make the most of your safari experience.
- Pack your belongings in a soft case luggage with a weight limit of 30 lbs. This will ensure that you can comfortably carry your essentials without exceeding the restrictions.
- To show appreciation for the excellent service you'll receive, it's advisable to bring small bills in US dollars for tipping. Check with your lodge beforehand to get an idea of the recommended gratuity amounts.
- When selecting your clothing, being mindful of the local wildlife is important. Tsetse flies are attracted to dark colors like black or navy, so it's best to leave these hues behind. Similarly, bright or white clothing can also draw attention. Instead, opt for shades of beige, khaki, or tan that blend harmoniously with the natural surroundings.
- Of course, bring our Wash and Hydrator along the way. Our products are made for traveling as they are TSA-compliant (size 50ml). Plus, thanks to the capless spill-proof packaging, say goodbye to any luggage mishaps.
- When planning your flights, be aware that there are no direct flights to the Serengeti. The main airport to consider is Kilimanjaro, but check your flights' arrival times to avoid an overnight stay there, as the last flights out are in the early afternoons.
- Domestic flights within Tanzania operate on an unpredictable schedule. Be prepared with a good book and a fully charged phone to pass the time during waiting periods.
- If you have any travel points to spare or can indulge in a business or premium flight, treat yourself to a more comfortable flight as it is a very long journey.
- Choose a lodge that offers laundry services to lighten your packing load and inquire about the personal, cosmetic, and first aid items provided by the lodge.
- Embrace the opportunity to explore local cuisine by requesting the chef to prepare off-menu local dishes. Agnieszka highly recommends trying Makange chicken with peri-peri sauce.
- Travelling is always unpredictable and some adventures can be risky. Opt for a lodge with in-house medical staff for added peace of mind.
- Forge connections with knowledgeable local guides to unlock extraordinary safari experiences. Embrace their expertise and be open to their suggestions. These guides possess a deep understanding of the land and can offer insights and recommendations that may exceed your expectations.
- Wander on foot and enjoy bush walks for a unique perspective. While game drives provide an exceptional safari experience, consider adding a bush walk to your itinerary for a completely different encounter with the wild. Stepping outside the confines of a vehicle and venturing on foot allows you to truly immerse yourself in the environment.
- Elevate your safari adventure to new heights with a breathtaking sunrise balloon ride. It offers a unique opportunity to witness the Serengeti's nocturnal inhabitants, such as hippos emerging from the water for their nighttime foray.
- Explore Zanzibar's vibrant coral reefs and enjoy a scuba diving adventure. Plus, it’s also the perfect place to try surf lessons as Zanzibar has a huge surfing community. If you’re feeling less adventurous, you can also enjoy the pristine beaches for a relaxing day.